Which ones are the viruses?
anothermindbomb at gmail.com
Sat Jan 3 14:37:33 UTC 2009
On Sat, Jan 3, 2009 at 9:09 AM, Peter Hillier-Brook <phb at hbsys.plus.com> wrote:
> Why don't you get hold of the Trinity Rescue Disc? It's a free-standing
> ISO built on Debian and supports several AV programs, including AVG and
> clamav. When run, it updates the AV to current status and I've found it
> invaluable to clear up infections in my circle of friends and
> acquaintances, those I haven't yet graduated to Linux :-)
1. Download AVG and Avira Anti-Vir, Hi-jack This!, ComboFix and
SuperAntiSpyware when in Windows.
2. Run Hi-jack This! and save the logfile onto the desktop. Do the
same for ComboFix
2. Reboot into Safe Mode
3. Do a full scan with both AVG and Avira. Let them clean up what they can
4. Run a full scan with SuperAntiSpyware
5. Reboot into Windows
6. Run another full scan with Hi-Jack This!
7. If there is still malware found feel free to email me both logfiles
from HiJack or alternative post them into a new thread at
BleepingComputer.com and they will be analysed.
8. If you're uncertain about anything, feel free to email me directly
Deleting your Pagefile isn't going to do any harm except cause Windows
to create a new one when you restart it - it's just a swap file so
it's only valid for the current boot.All bets are off if this is a
laptop and you closed it down in Hibernate mode.
When one person suffers from a delusion it is insanity. When many
people suffer from a delusion it is called religion.
09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
More information about the ubuntu-users