Which ones are the viruses?

Michael Haney thezorch at gmail.com
Sat Jan 3 15:07:49 UTC 2009

I found Avast! 4 Home Edition to be better than AVG and Anti-Vir.  I
used to use both of the others and they really didn't help at all.
Avast! was the only one that actually kept the infections away.  It
wasn't because I wasn't using safe browsing practices either, most of
my viruses came from pop up ads.  At lot of those went away when I
switched from IE to Firefox.

I've also found that using the M$ Malicious Software Removal Tool
clears out the more well known and destructive worms and Trojans.  It
also wouldn't hurt to use the other stuff that was recommended like
Hijack This! and Adaware.

--
Michael "TheZorch" Haney
thezorch at gmail.com