Help Ubuntu 8.10 X server has started crashing 1-2 per day

Ray Leventhal ubuntu at swhi.net
Mon Feb 23 14:57:21 UTC 2009

Thomas Wolf wrote:
> Hi Derek,
> On 02/20/2009 03:22 PM, Derek Broughton wrote:
<big snip>

> I will, of course, observe the local etiquette when posting.  There's
> nothing worse than having a thread where half the people top-post and
> half bottom-post.
>
> Best regards,
> Tom

Without offense intended to anyone, and agreeing that the etiquette for
this list calls for trimming/snipping and bottom posting (which I
personally endorse 100% for mailing lists) my personal two cents can be
summed up in the sig file I used to use on another list:

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.