Places Menu

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Sat Feb 14 19:39:04 UTC 2009

On 02/14/2009 12:57 AM, Jean Dewald wrote:

> Hi Bas,
>
> Sorry, but I can't find such a submenu.
> The only thing should be the 'Time and Date Setting', but it allows me
> only to set the present time, date, and the Time Zone, which is already
> set to Europe/Brussels. No more.
>
> I think the absence of such a regional setting is the base of my
> problem.
> I repeat that I am sure that the designers of Ubuntu never meant users
> to work around in the environment file just to adapt locales!
> But why does this menu item not appear on my system?
>
> Anyway thnaks for spending YOUR time in trying to solve MY problems!
>
> Jean

Perhaps if you were to provide the information requested several days ago:

Please (again from a terminal) post the output of:

locale

someone may be able to help. Where and/or what application
_specifically_ are you wishing to use dd/mm/yy in? Some apps have
different date/time settings so you can override any locale settings.