MiB in gparted?

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Tue Feb 10 19:21:54 UTC 2009

Dave Woyciesjes wrote:

> Jason Crain wrote:
>> On Mon, February 9, 2009 12:49 pm, Dave Woyciesjes wrote:
>>> What's with the typo in GParted? I was re-arranging my partitions when
>>> I saw this.
>>
>> It is intentional.
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MiB
>>

> Feh. Still looks as sloppy as all hell.
>
> Plus, I'm continually surprised as to how many people point to the
> wikipedia site as the only source of info, despite the many instances if
> it being slanted, abused, or just plain wrong.

In the first place, a neutral third party determined that it was no worse
than Encyclopedia Brittannica...

> Yes, there are many
> articles which may be correct, but there are enough that one has to go
> somewhere else to ensure the validity if the info....

Except that in this case, Wikipedia is 100% right.  Do you direct people to
resources you haven't checked?  I admit I sometimes do - but I always say
so.  If I _know_ wikipedia has it right, I'm always going to send people
there.

I'm really surprised you have never come across MiB before - it shows up in
far more places than GParted on an Ubuntu install.
--
derek