MiB in gparted?

Dave Woyciesjes woyciesjes at sbcglobal.net
Mon Feb 9 20:54:47 UTC 2009

Mario Vukelic wrote:
> On Mon, 2009-02-09 at 15:13 -0500, Dave Woyciesjes wrote:
>>         Feh. Still looks as sloppy as all hell.
>
> Blame the storage manufacturers who have redefined MB for all intents
> and purposes. Also, I am surprised that you have never seen it before,
> it's not all that exotic.

	Yeah, I've seen it before, been a very long time, though.

>>         Plus, I'm continually surprised as to how many people point to
>> the wikipedia site as the only source of info, despite the many
>> instances if it being slanted, abused,
>
> The chances of anit-MiB nazis vandalizing this particular article are
> slim ;)

	Yep. Just mainly commenting on wikipedia in general. Yes, this ain't
the place for it, I do realize. Couldn't help myself, I guess.

>> or just plain wrong. Yes, there are many
>> articles which may be correct, but there are enough that one has to go
>> somewhere else to ensure the validity if the info....
>
> It's handy (just type "MiB" into the Firefox search box), easier to read
> than an RFC or similar and tech articles are rarely very wrong. As a
> critical reader you will have no problem finding and following the links
> to outside references (and draw you conclusions if there are none or if
> they contradict Wikipedia). I fail to see the problem.

	Yeah, you are correct, and most technical minded people are skepitcal
enough to not completely trust wikipedia (or any sngle source, for that
matter). More just a general grump about others who claim wikipedia to
be on par with real encyclopedias.
	Again, apologies for the OT rant.

--
--- Dave Woyciesjes