MiB in gparted?

Matthew Flaschen matthew.flaschen at gatech.edu
Tue Feb 10 05:17:02 UTC 2009

Dave Woyciesjes wrote:
> Jason Crain wrote:
>> On Mon, February 9, 2009 12:49 pm, Dave Woyciesjes wrote:
>>> What's with the typo in GParted? I was re-arranging my partitions when
>>> I saw this.
>> It is intentional.
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MiB
>>

> 	Feh. Still looks as sloppy as all hell.

It's not sloppy.  It's compliant with IEC 60027-2, and bypasses a
longstanding ambiguity.  What's sloppy is calling something a typo and a
bug, getting corrected, and still refusing to admit you were mistaken.

> 	Plus, I'm continually surprised as to how many people point to the
> wikipedia site as the only source of info, despite the many instances if
> it being slanted, abused, or just plain wrong. Yes, there are many
> articles which may be correct, but there are enough that one has to go
> somewhere else to ensure the validity if the info....

Please let me know the definitive source you never have to verify
elsewhere.  I'm eager to drink from its fountain of flawless
knowledge.</sarcasm>

Matt Flaschen