8.10 problems

Karl F. Larsen klarsen1 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 6 15:21:58 UTC 2009

Ray Parrish wrote:
> I'm sorry, I gave you that package name from memory earlier, and I blew
> it. This is the actual name, and this time I copied and pasted it from
> synaptic so I couldn't make a mistake again.

    Not a problem. I was frustrated because so many of the various
things do not exist.

    But then I learned that I can call "Hardware Drivers" any time I
need it. For some reason I thought this software was from the Internet.
Stupid but true.

    So when I discovered "Hardware Drivers" it was all over. I tried 3
of the nvidia software packages but the last has worked fine and I am
using 8.10 now to see how well it performs.

Thanks for your help and sometimes we find our own fix.

Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User