Large number of wake ups causing battery drain very fast

vrinda vasishth vrindavasishth at gmail.com
Mon Dec 21 20:26:37 UTC 2009

Hi all
I am using ubuntu 9.04 32 bit version on Sony-vaio vgn  with 64 bit
processor.
I am attaching the powertop output and output of /cat/proc/interrupts in 5
mins time interval.
The problem is that kernel ipi interrupts and interrupts from from
keyboard/mouse/touchpad are very high and so the wake-ups from idle are as
high as 400 per sec. This is ruining my battery life.
When I am using vista laptop runs for at least 3hrs with full load and on
ubuntu with nominal usage also it doesnt run for more than 1.5hrs max.
Power consumption is also high .

If anyone has faced a similar issue or has solved it please help me out too.

If more info is needed please tell me i'll add it too.

Regards
Vrinda