MSI: Don't buy our webcam

Rashkae ubuntu at tigershaunt.com
Fri Aug 28 14:41:29 UTC 2009

Dotan Cohen wrote:

> I asked him to defer my concern to a body with more authority, he
> refused and likely lied to me as well.

I agree with most of what you said.. However, when you start throwing
around questions that you should know ahead of time entry level call
center workers won't have on their cheat sheet, it's really best to
avail yourself of e-mail support (if available).  More than a few times
a Linux related question I pose to e-mail has been forwarded to an
engineer whom was able to answer my question.  Free technical support
call centers, however, are a very different beast that places tremendous
pressure on employees to handle call volume for as little money as
possible.  They won't escalate your call just because you ask.

You can then choose not to buy anything from any company that doesn't
offer premium customer support, but I assure you, in the world of
computer equipment, that rules out all retail.  You'll have to find
yourself an expensive VAR to put your purchases through.