Thunderbird e-mail problem

GaryT taig at melbpc.org.au
Tue Aug 25 06:45:38 UTC 2009

Xandros Pilosa wrote:
> I would first:
> *check permissions and ownership on your profile folder (how did you
> make the backup? - some backup tools may change perm./own. and also
> moving files to another file systems can do that - how did you restore
> your back. - not with sudo, by any chance?)

Prior to reformatting the disk and reinstalling Ubuntu, the backup was a
straight copy to a USB mass storage device.

Like the backup, the "restore" was a straight copy into the
.mozilla-thunderbird MAIL folder.

Previously T-Bird saw the files and adopted them - not this version.
This version is quite different - new features - new menu items etc.
and I'm suspecting, new mail file structures.
GT