Thunderbird e-mail problem

Xandros Pilosa folivora.pilosa at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 21:29:21 UTC 2009

GaryT pravi:
--snip--
> Apparently if you load it over the old
> version the files are adopted and the old version executables are
> deleted, but... obviously you have to know that in advance.
Binary files (as I assume you mean by "executables" are) are separated
from your data files (mail, accounts data, unames/paswords etc.) in the
profile folder --> http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_folder_-_Thunderbird

I would first:
*check permissions and ownership on your profile folder (how did you
make the backup? - some backup tools may change perm./own. and also
moving files to another file systems can do that - how did you restore
your back. - not with sudo, by any chance?)
*check profiles.ini file in ~/.mozilla-thunderbird folder to point to
the right profile.
*follow guides on:
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Recovering_a_profile_that_suddenly_disappeared

--snip--
> Does anyone know of a utility to manually convert the files from ver
> 2.0.0.19 to version 2.0.0.22?

As far as I know, there was no major changes in those versions, just
security and bug fixes.

Regards