Computer problem

Karl F. Larsen klarsen1 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 19:29:25 UTC 2009

Mark Haney wrote:
> Karl Larsen wrote:
>

>>     Not having a cpu fan makes me not leaving things turned on much of
>> the time. Do these things remind you of anything? I am stopped at the
>> moment :-)
>>
>> 73 Karl
>>

> Are you certain you're plugging in the CPU fan in the right spot?  Since
> you didn't mention the exact MB I can't say for certain, but is it
> possible you're hooking it to the right connector?

    It is where the MB book says it should be. The MB is a
GA-MA78GM-S2H which has been out a while.

> Typically if you aren't getting video (I'm assuming it's on board video
> since you didn't mention a video card) that's always been a sign to me
> that the MB is grounding out on a mount somewhere.

    This is possible. I used all the mount points and it is possible
that each mount point is at case ground. I just checked several and the
case is connected to the Black wire in a hard drive power plug, and
every screw as expected is at ground too. I do not think this is wrong.

73 Karl