Computer problem

Mark Haney mhaney at ercbroadband.org
Wed Aug 19 18:53:27 UTC 2009

Karl Larsen wrote:

>     Not having a cpu fan makes me not leaving things turned on much of
> the time. Do these things remind you of anything? I am stopped at the
> moment :-)
>
> 73 Karl

Are you certain you're plugging in the CPU fan in the right spot?  Since
you didn't mention the exact MB I can't say for certain, but is it
possible you're hooking it to the right connector?

Typically if you aren't getting video (I'm assuming it's on board video
since you didn't mention a video card) that's always been a sign to me
that the MB is grounding out on a mount somewhere.

It /could/ be a bad MB, bad CPU, bent CPU connector (back in the old
days) or some such, but I've seen more electrical grounds, than bad
hardware.  Make sure there's metal on metal connecting the MB to the case.

--
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

Mark Haney
Sr. Systems Administrator
ERC Broadband
(828) 350-2415