[Fwd: Blocking spam messages with Thunderbird 2.0]

Robert Holtzman holtzm at cox.net
Tue Aug 18 21:01:04 UTC 2009

On Tue, 18 Aug 2009, Rakotomandimby Mihamina wrote:

> 08/18/2009 02:46 AM, RobertHoltzman:
>>> I'm using Thunderbird 2.0
>>> How can i effectively block spam while individual spammers constantly
>>> change the 'Subject' and 'Sender' field strings on each message.
>>> There must be a smart way to block an individual without setting
>>> countless message filters, I HOPE
>> You will never do it from within Thunderbird.

Damn! I'm starting to sound like Karl here.

> Oh yes I do!!
> Junk mail detection is event pretty good in thunderbird.

What are you filtering on? When I looked at it, it seemed to do a good
job of filtering lists. When I looked at spam filtering it looked like
you could filter on the from address, which is usually an innocent
zombie, or on the message body for keywords which also is a loser.

--
Bob Holtzman
AF9D 8760 0CFA F95A 6C77  E125 BF90 580F 8D54 9279