[Fwd: Blocking spam messages with Thunderbird 2.0]

allen at alprunty.com allen at alprunty.com
Tue Aug 18 08:19:26 UTC 2009

I installed a plugin called Habu... and use it to report all spam to
spamcop.net.  I look at my junk folder and make sure that everything is
really junk... click the report icon and it packs them up and forwards
them to castlecops and spamcop

Spamcop files complaints with the spammers hosts... often it's amateur
servers or small businesses who do not protect themselves form open
relaays... these people do a good job at closing holes that make spam...
and helping server admins close the holes.

Our spam started to go way down when we started reportnig things.

You will need to verify everything through spamcop.net and get their
approval for quick reporting for it to be most effective.

Allen