FW: USB PORTS STOP WORING

Franz Waldmüller waldbauernbub at gmx.at
Wed Apr 29 18:39:27 UTC 2009

Brian McKee schrieb:
> On Sun, Apr 26, 2009 at 9:08 AM, nathan bolton <nat_001 at hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> Hello i was wondering could you help me with my ubuntu i just installed the
>> new one 9.04 and my usb ports keep stop working i use my wireless through a
>> usb adapter and when im using it the usb ports stop working then i unplug
>> the apapter from the usb port and then plug it back in and it works for a
>> wile then goes of again and this keeps repeating

this maybe caused by the power consumption of the wireless adapter. All
the current needs to be transferred over the mainboard. Try to use
different usb ports.
I once bought a pcmcia usb-adapter with a separate power supply. This
could solve your problems.
most of the cards below feature a power plug, but I don't know if the
ship the power supply as well.
http://www.amazon.de/s/ref=nb_ss_w_0_10?__mk_de_DE=%C5M%C5Z%D5%D1&url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=pcmcia+usb+2.0&x=0&y=0&sprefix=pcmcia+usb

Franz