FW: USB PORTS STOP WORING

Brian McKee brian.mckee at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 17:55:17 UTC 2009

On Sun, Apr 26, 2009 at 9:08 AM, nathan bolton <nat_001 at hotmail.co.uk> wrote:

> Hello i was wondering could you help me with my ubuntu i just installed the
> new one 9.04 and my usb ports keep stop working i use my wireless through a
> usb adapter and when im using it the usb ports stop working then i unplug
> the apapter from the usb port and then plug it back in and it works for a
> wile then goes of again and this keeps repeating

Please take a look at the log files while you plug/unplug and have problems.
Go to System -> Administration -> System Log
If you can copy and paste what you see there when you plug in your
adapter, and when it fails, it will help.

Brian

--
All you need to know about Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty
 gconftool -s --type bool /apps/update-notifier/auto_launch false