Configuring Evolution for Gmail

Mark Nichols ubuntu at zanshin.net
Tue Apr 28 13:57:06 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-04-28 at 06:01 -0600, Karl F. Larsen wrote:

>     So getting two messages is an artifact of IMAP to Google. Thinking
> back I got some double messages using POP with Google.

Getting two messages is *not* an artifact of Gmail. I have the same
account configured in Apple's Mail.app and never get duplicate messages
there.

My original question was about the duplication of FOLDERS in Evolution,
and wondering which of those could safely be deleted.

I've since created a new email account (non-Gmail) for this list and set
it up in Evolution, which resulted in no duplicate folders.

Mark