Missing hard drive space

Amedee Van Gasse (Ubuntu) amedee-ubuntu at amedee.be
Mon Apr 20 07:43:46 UTC 2009

On Mon, April 20, 2009 09:27, MG wrote:
> Thanks for all the strange replies
> I am have a degree so am clearly not subhuman

I think one of the problems is that you are probably not a native English
speaker. Technical communities like this mailing list use English as their
lingua franca. Perhaps you should see if there is a mailing list in your
own language. For example, I am from Belgium, where we have 3 official
languages: Dutch, French and German. (English is only my third language
after French and shame on me, I hardly speak any German).
I can choose between the following mailing lists:

ubuntu-nl  Dutch support (mostly people from the Netherlands)
ubuntu-fr  French support (mostly people from France)
ubuntu-de  German support (mostly people from Germany)
ubuntu-be  No support, but local Ubuntu-related activities in Belgium like
release parties. Mostly in English, but every two weeks or so there is a
language discussion. Don't ask, it's political. ;-)

> and changed the capitals
> days ago so you are being very unhelpful and annoying I have found most of
> the space on most of the drives by mounting temporarily but every time I
> restart have to repeat.

So it could just be a simple matter of adding the right lines to
/etc/fstab. Shouldn't be too hard. It's just 1 minute work.

What do you do now to mount temporarily? Please reply in detail. The more
detail you give, the better we can help you to help yourself.

> However at least 300 gigs is missing
> I am still using Ubuntu
> I am not entirely satisfied with it's support for external hard drives and
>  am considering Fedora however I have not abused anyone tho user
> thorntreehome at gmail.com is a complete dildo however for his unwarranted
> attack based on a line with capitals expressing my concern which I have
> changed at people's reqeusts and which he ignores as he can't
> read!!!!!!!!!!!!! CAN YOU READ THIS YOU DILDO!!!!

Now *you* are just abusive.
I'm not interested in who started it. Let's finish it here and now, ok?

--
Amedee