WAN access from 2 pane File manager

Avraham Hanadari rufus at hanadari.net
Wed Apr 15 06:51:19 UTC 2009

I wish to sync/backup the contents of folders between Ubuntu 8.1 and a
WinXP desktop machine. I have been doing this between a Vista laptop and
the XP machine using GoodSync. Some of the syncing already goes through
the GoogleDocs cloud, but I'd like a more direct link if possible. I've
tried pcman, Gnome Commander, bsc, and XNC and none recognized the
Windows Network already in place, although I have no difficulty
accessing it outside of the named applications.

Your help would be most appreciated.

Avraham