64 bit or 32 bit ubuntu

Raseel Bhagat raseelbhagat at gmail.com
Wed Sep 17 18:33:16 UTC 2008

On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 9:32 PM, bill biggs <kc8pdr at gmail.com> wrote:

> What it is I have installed crossover and I installed it and it not
> showing up in the applications like it dose in 32bit and I installed
> netbeans 6.1 and I do not think it is working rignt I made a css file in
> it I link it but it not working how much ram will I lose if I move to 32
> bit ?
> On Wed, 2008-09-17 at 11:52 -0400, Bart Silverstrim wrote:
> > Mark Haney wrote:
> ?

Please do not top-post.
I maybe wrong here but I think your app _may_ not be finding the required
libraries.
Try installing the ia32-libs package and see.
sudo apt-get install ia32-libs

If even that doesn't work try :
$ ldd <your app name here>
This will give you the list of libraries your app references.

See if you have them in the /lib32 or /usr/lib32 directories, else, get them
from a 32-bit machines.

I was facing a similar issue but with a different app and doing the above
steps solved it.

Thanks,
Raseel
http://raseel.in