cannot find files or directories

Verde Denim tdldev at gmail.com
Fri Sep 12 23:04:18 UTC 2008

On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 6:55 PM, Milos Mandaric <mandzo18 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 2008-09-12 at 16:55 -0400, Verde Denim wrote:
> >

> For the first problem, when you run xCHM from menu, run in console:
> ps aux | grep xCHM

milos - i'm an idiot... the menu item and title of the app is xCHM. looking
at the process table when it runs shows "/usr/bin/xchm" ...

> For the second, you probably didn't do something right in /etc/fstab,
> what you get when you do:
> ls -l / | grep usr3

And I'm an even bigger idiot... I'm trying to resolve about 6 little
annoyances at once, so I was ssh'ed onto the second box in one termina and
in a terminal on the first box in the other terminal. I would run 'ls /usr3'
on the _second_ ubuntu box (where /usr3 is mounted) and see it. And then I
would try to do something such as copy the files from that directory _in the
first terminal_ which is connected to a different machine! - how n00b is
that!

If I could get ssh working on gnome, I probably wouldn't have run into the
second problem at all, but the gnome network connect to another system
doesn't seem to want to connect, either through finding the other system on
the LAN or through explicitly trying to connect via ssh.

Regards,

Jack