webcam: tweaks to improve image quality?

Francisco Borges francisco.borges at gmail.com
Fri Sep 12 14:48:32 UTC 2008

On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 1:16 PM, Neil <hok.krat at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 11, 2008 at 9:03 PM, Francisco Borges
> <francisco.borges at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> What kind of motherboard do you have?

Intel 915 (with a very lousy integrated video board) or something like
this. (I'll check again when I get home.

> Did you try and use another USB port?
>
> There have been some motherboards with some USB 1.1 ports for long
> after the introduction of USB 2.0. This was because some USB 1.1
> devices would not work with USB 2.0 ports apparently, and you may have
> picked an 1.1 port. This only allows for a far slower connection.

Yesterday I stumbled upon some comments about USB. That for instance I
should make sure I only had the camera on the particular USB bus. The
problem is that every device I have (except for the mouse) was using
the 5th USB bus.

In any case, I'll try to make sure that I have a USB 2 connection
before trying again and post the results.

Cheers,
--
Francisco