phantom files

Carl Friis-Hansen ubuntuuser at carl-fh.com
Thu Sep 11 18:47:29 UTC 2008

Karl Larsen wrote:
> Derek Broughton wrote:
>> Mark Haney wrote:
>>

>>> Here's my take.  (and OPINION only)  I think that the majority of Ubuntu
>>> users are from the Windows world.  Ubuntu is pretty good for getting
>>> n00bs on to linux.
>     If your over 50 years old, 100% of you are old Windows and/or DOS
> users. That was what was there before Linux. I enjoyed my old 1984 100%
> Microsoft capable clone for many years with DOS on it. I recall in
> College about 5% of the students bought DOS and the other 95% borrowed
> from them. DOS was the original free operating system :-)
>
>     Since then they have spent big bucks making it hard to copy the
> latest Windows.
Hi Karl. Since I am 56, may I correct you in a few things? I do it anyway.
MS-DOS was only free to thieves. All operating systems back did cost money.
And no, although I am > 50, I started LIMB, later UNIX and CPM, then
again later concurrent DOS and in between it all, both MAC and operating
systems most people have never heard about.
My point is, your statistics are not totally correct.
--
       | Carl Friis-Hansen               | Fiskeryd Nybygget |