xubuntu

Patrick Newberry PNewberry at habitat.org
Sun Sep 7 14:06:57 UTC 2008

I was attempting to do a dist upgrade when I got back, my machine was just a blank screen. No big deal as I sort of wanted to start fresh anyway, but I'm thinking of going to xubuntu as it's not a heavy resource machine that I'm running one.

I'm downloading the iso image now so I guess I'm killing time... but can one discuss xubuntu on this list?

Anyone have an opinion of xubuntu vs Ubuntu?

Also I assume that one uses apt-get and such with xubuntu?

I'd like to install mysql and apache as I like to practice php on a local machine. I am thinking I can follow the instructions for Ubuntu on the xubuntu machine to do this?

Anything I should know or think about in terms of what is different (other than the graphical interface) between the two systems.

Pat