aspire one wifi problems

darkfena313 darkfena313 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 24 09:30:56 UTC 2008

i'm trying to get wifi to work on my aspire one. i followed the
instructions from https://help.ubuntu.com/community/AspireOne. when i
get to this command;

sudo apt-get install build-essential linux-headers-$(uname -r)

 this comes up afterwards; Ubuntu 8.04.1 _Hardy Heron_ - Release i386
(20080702.1)' in the drive '/cdrom/' and press enter. the problem is
there is not internal cd drive and the external drive that i am using is
mounted somewhere else. does anyone know a solution to this problem so i
can get my wifi working? thanks in advance