where is desktop

Allen Meyers chef11994 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Oct 15 18:00:36 UTC 2008

I wanted to respond to Leonard and group, but I eith top post or end up highjacking a thread si I choose this way to communicate besides sending Leonard direct.

I had the ubuntu gnome desktop and I still do after going through
the lengthly sudo apt-get install kubuntu-desktop process. The initial
log in screen has changed and its blue and gives me no session options
prior to log in. Then it goes to the old brown ubuntu gnome desktop the
difference being the additional files, but no Kmenu and no neat blue screen with the iconss I liked
No clue what
happened. is there a command line to uninstall this mess

Allen Meyers  chef11994 at sbcglobal.net
wortham_tx at yahoo.com
texas.chef at gmail.com