Intrepid, EeePc 1000, how to disable tapping on touchpad?

Erik Christiansen dvalin at internode.on.net
Thu Oct 9 09:42:41 UTC 2008

On Thu, Oct 09, 2008 at 12:03:41AM -0400, Mauricio Hernandez Z. wrote:

> But either using Hardy's default or
> gsynaptics-elantech_0.9.7-3asus4_i386.deb, my touchpad i still active,
> no matter which settings I set it to.
>
> Any ideas about how to actually disable it?

Not having an EeePc, I can only offer general suggestions. If you
try:

   Option      "SHMConfig" "on"

Does command line disabling work for you?:
   $ synclient touchpadoff=1

If the option of a mousepad that is dead while you type, but active a
second or two after you stop, as useful to you as it is to me? This is
what I did to provide it:

Automatic disabling during typing:
   $ syndaemon -i 1 -d                # Default is i = 2 seconds.

On ubuntu, this may be inserted in:
   System>Preferences>Sessions>Startup_Programs

Now you can have it all, varied at whim. (If there's no EeePc snag.)

Erik