HUAWEI 620 PCMIA card - Vodafone Mobile Connect

Simon Stephens simon at simonstephens.co.uk
Sat Oct 4 15:45:13 UTC 2008

I have just emigrated from Mandriva and installed Ubuntu Studio.
Everything OK except my mobile broadband.

I,ve downloaded and installed Vodafone-Mobile-Connect-Card
driver-for-Linux from Betavine and it can definitely talk to the card. I
have manage to send a text. However I can't get on the internet and when
I tried to configure ppp0 I get the error message Interface does not
exist. I have added a line "blacklist airprime" in etc/modprobe.d but
still no luck.

Any help most welcome.

Simon.