Alt-F2

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Fri Nov 7 13:58:22 UTC 2008

Leonard Chatagnier wrote:

> Give kde4 a try now if you like eye candy.

I don't particularly, but I'll be upgrading on Monday (not a big enough pipe
at home).

> Things are a little different
> but not that much. Of course you know that you can log into either version
> of kde once both are installed.

Well, not if I go to Intrepid, but that's OK.  I'm confident that most of
the KDE4 issues are preference-related now.

> Sorry but the standard "Configure shortcuts" doesn't compute for me or I'd
> try it.

Every KDE app has a "Settings" menu, "Configure Shortcuts" option.
Then "System Settings" has the same thing but system-wide (Under "Keyboard
& Mouse", "Keyboard Settings).
--
derek