ip address on lan getting hijacked

mike mike at mga.demon.co.uk
Sat May 31 10:00:02 UTC 2008

Tony Arnold wrote:
> Karl,
>
> Karl Larsen wrote:
>
>> chris dunn wrote:
>>
>>>  My main work station is set with a
>>> static ip address of 192.168.1.2, (in /etc/network/interfaces) and I use
>>> other work stations to access this machine via nxclient and nxserver (running
>>> on 192.168.1.2).
>>>

>>     To fix this put your work station not on static but DHCP and relax.
>> It will change but who cares?
>>

> The OP does because he connects to it from other machines! Read his post
> again.
>
> Regards,
> Tony.

Are you usibg wired or wireless? if wire then i cant see why unless
chron is doing something weird. if wireless then it could be a shop or
company turning on their machines and are using your connection by
mistake suggest a look at security of your router/modem. we have 10
boxes running anything from linux to windblows all stactic all wireless
never a prob