ip address on lan getting hijacked

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Fri May 30 22:43:24 UTC 2008

Tony Arnold wrote:
> Karl,
>
> Karl Larsen wrote:
>
>> chris dunn wrote:
>>
>>>  My main work station is set with a
>>> static ip address of 192.168.1.2, (in /etc/network/interfaces) and I use
>>> other work stations to access this machine via nxclient and nxserver (running
>>> on 192.168.1.2).
>>>

>>     To fix this put your work station not on static but DHCP and relax.
>> It will change but who cares?
>>

> The OP does because he connects to it from other machines! Read his post
> again.
>
> Regards,
> Tony.

    I did read and know he does have other machines connected. But on my
router this machine is 192.164.1.2 and it has been that for years. Even
though it is set for DHCP. I think the guy's router at 9:30 wants to
re-cycle but the demand for the static IP causes a problem.

Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User