Epiphany Broken Packages

Tim timfrost at xtra.co.nz
Fri May 30 09:30:06 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-05-27 at 21:53 +0100, Liam McCombes wrote:
> When trying to install epiphany-browser with apt-get i get the
> following error message
>
> The following packages have unmet dependencies.
>   epiphany-browser: Depends: epiphany-gecko but it is not going to be
> installed or
>                              epiphany-webkit but it is not installable
> E: Broken packages
>
> How do I fix these dependency issues? Is this through something I have
> installed or is this a bug with the repositories? ( I suspect it is
> something I have done. )

What do you get from the command
    apt-cache policy epiphany-browser epiphany-webkit epiphany-gecko

That should find epiphany-gecko as well as epiphany-browser if your
repositories are OK:
$ apt-cache policy epiphany-browser epiphany-webkit epiphany-gecko
epiphany-browser:
  Installed: (none)
  Candidate: 2.22.1.1-0ubuntu2~8.04.1
  Version table:
     2.22.1.1-0ubuntu2~8.04.1 0
        500 http://archive.ubuntu.com hardy-proposed/main Packages
     2.22.1.1-0ubuntu1 0
        500 http://archive.ubuntu.com hardy/main Packages
epiphany-webkit:
  Installed: (none)
  Candidate: (none)
  Version table:
epiphany-gecko:
  Installed: (none)
  Candidate: 2.22.1.1-0ubuntu2~8.04.1
  Version table:
     2.22.1.1-0ubuntu2~8.04.1 0
        500 http://archive.ubuntu.com hardy-proposed/main Packages
     2.22.1.1-0ubuntu1 0
        500 http://archive.ubuntu.com hardy/main Packages

NOTE:
the above shows the main repository, but it is likely that a local
repository (eg us.archive.ubuntu.com or nz2.archive.ubuntu.com) is in
use instead.

Also, it shows that Ubuntu don't package epiphany-webkit in the standard
repositories.

Tim