Sound problems in 8.04 with Amarok and other programs (multiple sound outputs but only one playing)

Loïc Martin loic.martin3 at gmail.com
Thu May 29 21:20:19 UTC 2008

Hi,

Since 8.04 (install from scatch) I can't have both Amarok playing and
still hear sound from another program (f.e. Firefox 3 playing a flash
video), and if a seconf user was watching a Youtube video in Firefox,
even if it's on pause I can't output any sound from my session.

Does anybody knows if there's a howto somewhere about solving these
issues, or if there's a simple way to address the mess?

Thanks in advance,
Loïc