Setting up popfile (possibly off-topic)

Brian Lunergan ff809 at ncf.ca
Sun May 25 13:43:36 UTC 2008

Hi:

Okay, I fibbed. Guess I do need some advice on this.

Using v7.10 of Ubuntu, gnome is the desktop, firestarter is in place as
firewall, v2.* of Firefox and Thunderbird up to date for this edition of
Ubuntu.

The instructions for setting up Thunderbird at the popfile site seem
straight forward so there shouldn't (I hope) be any problem with that part.

Downloaded popfile through synaptic. Tried to access the web interface
through Firefox (http://127.0.0.1:8080/) to set it up and got the following
error:

Unable to connect

Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at 127.0.0.1.

Tried it using plain FireFox from the main menu and sudo FireFox through a
terminal window. Tried it with the firewall on and stopped. No difference.

I'm open to suggestion, otherwise I might as well take it back off and keep
looking for an anti-spam tool.

Regards...
--

Brian Lunergan