Alt+xxx characters

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Thu May 8 15:44:10 UTC 2008

2008/5/8 Rick <rufus at hanadari.net>:
>> What doesn't work? You cannot change the character map? You cannot
>> find the character map that you need? I don't even know what 'special
>> symbols' you are referring to, so please make that clear.
>
> Dotan,
> You may not have noticed that the letter about which you are commenting
> is a suggested solution, not the same person repeating the question. I
> understood his problem, because I too use a multiplicity of keyboards
> and sometimes write in another language inside the first or prefer an
> accented spelling instead a standard one.

I do that often as well. That's why I have the keyboard map switcher
mapped to Shift-Space, which is easy to switch from either hand (well,
not for me as I have no right thumb, but still). You can even map the
switcher to capslock, if you don't ever need to type long caps-only
sentences.

> Rick (AKA אברהם בהוד השרון)

אהלאן מנשר!

Dotan Cohen