Alt+xxx characters

Rick rufus at hanadari.net
Thu May 8 14:48:37 UTC 2008

Dotan Cohen wrote:

>>> What special characters do you want? What is your keyboard character
>>> map? You likely need to configure the proper character map.
>>>

>> It doesn't seem to work in 8.04, maybe not in Linux at all. Too bad.
>> That's a useful tool. As a workaround, there's a panel applet called
>> character palette. That can be used in between keyboards for
>> multilingual use.
>> Rick
>>

> What doesn't work? You cannot change the character map? You cannot
> find the character map that you need? I don't even know what 'special
> symbols' you are referring to, so please make that clear.
>
> Dotan Cohen
>
> http://what-is-what.com
> http://gibberish.co.il
> א-ב-ג-ד-ה-ו-ז-ח-ט-י-ך-כ-ל-ם-מ-ן-נ-ס-ע-ף-פ-ץ-צ-ק-ר-ש-ת
>
> A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
> Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

Dotan,
You may not have noticed that the letter about which you are commenting
is a suggested solution, not the same person repeating the question. I
understood his problem, because I too use a multiplicity of keyboards
and sometimes write in another language inside the first or prefer an
accented spelling instead a standard one.
Rick (AKA אברהם בהוד השרון)

--
This comes to you from Deep-Thought VII: Rick's digital office,
classroom and entertainment center