Kernel image

Nils Kassube kassube at
Tue Mar 18 10:52:12 UTC 2008

> De: Nils Kassube
> >Sure, use your favourite package manager, e.g. synaptic. Search for
> linux-image and select the kernel version you want to install.
> I tried it some time ago and I recieved the message: "kernel panic".
> What can one do (when you are a newbie) when this happens ?. How to
> roll-back ?.

I think there should be some more information about the reason for the
kernel panic, but if it was some time ago you probably don't remember.
Without that additional information it is near impossible to find a
working solution. Anyway, you can roll back by selecting the previous
kernel at the boot menu and then uninstall the not working kernel.