Kernel image

PEDRO MACANAS VALVERDE macanas_ped at gva.es
Tue Mar 18 09:42:10 UTC 2008

De: Nils Kassube
Enviado el: mar 18/03/2008 9:48
Para: ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com
Asunto: Re: Recompiling the 6.06.2 Kernel

PEDRO MACANAS VALVERDE wrote:
>> I would prefer a kernel installation without recompile (install a
> binary package ?). Can it be done using update-manager or in other
> similar visual way (withouth type in the terminal)?.

>Sure, use your favourite package manager, e.g. synaptic. Search for
linux-image and select the kernel version you want to install.

Thank you a lot because help to this newbie. ;-)

I have changed (with your allowing ) the topic subject to " Kernel image".

I tried it some time ago and I recieved the message: "kernel panic". What can one do (when you are a newbie) when this happens ?. How to roll-back ?.

Is there any Ubuntu documentation about the use of kernel image ?.

Regards.

Pedro.