Logitech USB Camera-Microphone Combo

Larry Shields larryesu at charter.net
Mon Mar 10 10:16:43 UTC 2008

Tom wrote:
> Hello All:
>
> My hobby is ham radio and I just installed a windows application known
> as echo link, a VOIP application for hams. I did the install w/ Ubuntu
> 7.10/wine platform. The app works fine except for voice transmit mode.
>
> I suspect that there is no driver installed for the Logitech USB
> camera-microphone hardware.
>
> Is there a linux app that will drive this hardware....or...would it be
> better to install the Logitech windows driver w/ wine?????
>
> I would appreciate your inputs....thanks, and regards,
>
> Tom N8TL

*Hello Tom,

I also have Qtel the QT Echolink Client installed on my Ubuntu Gutsy
7.10, but I have not tried using it, so I can't comment on it's
audio...Maybe today I will give it a try...

I just wanted to add that I too have problems in receive audio in the
windows app QS100, which can be found at http://qsonet.com ...I have
tried to add different audio .dll's from free .dll's.com, but none of
them seem to work...

Everything seems to work just fine, except for the audio, I can't hear
those ham's that are transmitting...The program works fine except for
that, so it seems that you and I both are missing something for it not
to work correctly...

I have even tried Crossover demo version, yet it is still a no-go on my
end...

You would think that there would be more ham's out there who have these
app's working, to tells us what is needed, or is it will not work at all
using wine...

If you find out anything Tom, please let me know, I'll do the same...

Larry
*