no one can help me?

Nils Kassube kassube at gmx.net
Tue Mar 4 18:42:59 UTC 2008

jony podder wrote:
> i tried to google
> and found something its related .

You could have mentioned that in your initial inquiry :)

> this phone's usb ic made by texas
> instrument and when i type "dmesg -c" on terminal there shows the
> driver is ti_usb_2410_5250 . i need the driver of ti_usb_3410_5250 .
> and i found it on "brimson.com" please go there and tell me which one
> driver is proper for me . i'm using ubuntu 7.10 which kernel is
> 2.6.22-14.

The driver should be included in your kernel according to the dmesg output
and according to this file:
http://gate.brimson.com/downloads/ti_usb_2.6_release_notes-1.1.txt

Now, if the driver is included in the kernel, you should get a
device /dev/ttyUSB0 if the modem is plugged into the USB port. If you can
find that device, I suppose you could set it up as a standard dialup
connection, but I'm not familiar with Ubuntu + modem. Maybe this will
help you to do the setup:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/DialupModemHowto

Nils