Intel 3945 WLAN and bash error [was: Re: plz help me out]

Mario Vukelic mario.vukelic at dantian.org
Mon Jun 30 17:22:07 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-06-30 at 17:55 +0100, Usman Saleem wrote:

> hi there ..
> actually i got problem
> i cant configure my wireless card with ubuntu 8.04
> im usim hp laptop dv 6000 and it got builtin card
> IntelĀ® PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection adapter
> plz some one help me out how to install the drivers ...

There is no need to install any drivers. It should work out of the box
(if you are using Ubuntu 8.04). I have the same WLAN card and it works
fine.

> i got some help from this website
> http://intellinuxwireless.org/
> but it says u have to intall ieee8021...but when i install dat , it
> says u have found previous ieee files , first remove them ... and i
> cant able to remove that , its hsow error...

Hmmm, I hope you haven't trashed your install in some way, but we'll see
to that later.

> and one more thing when eva i make any file

How do you "make a file", exactly? I mean, what exactly did you do when
you get that error

> .. its show , '' ur SHELL is not set to bash '' ...
> plz tell me how to set ur shell to bash ????

Bash is set as the default shell in Ubuntu, currently I have no idea why
you would have that problem. What changes did you make to your system
after installing?

P.S.: a descriptive subject, comprehensible writing, and some
information about your system (Ubuntu version, etc.) will increase your
chances to get answers to your posts