Intel 3945 WLAN and bash error [was: Re: plz help me out]

Usman Saleem usm_83 at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 30 17:28:45 UTC 2008

yup im using ubuntu 8.04
but its not connecting to my router ..
i cant views wireless connections ....
even i tried the command ifconfig and iwconfig ... its shows no wireless extension ..
i didnt change anything in my system since i installed ubuntu ...
and when eva i complie any file , wid command '' make install''
it says ur shell is not set to bash ...

Usmi.> Subject: Intel 3945 WLAN and bash error [was: Re: plz help me out]> From: mario.vukelic at dantian.org> To: ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com> Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 19:22:07 +0200> > On Mon, 2008-06-30 at 17:55 +0100, Usman Saleem wrote:> > > > hi there ..> > actually i got problem> > i cant configure my wireless card with ubuntu 8.04> > im usim hp laptop dv 6000 and it got builtin card> > IntelĀ® PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection adapter > > plz some one help me out how to install the drivers ... > > There is no need to install any drivers. It should work out of the box> (if you are using Ubuntu 8.04). I have the same WLAN card and it works> fine.> > > i got some help from this website> > http://intellinuxwireless.org/> > but it says u have to intall ieee8021...but when i install dat , it> > says u have found previous ieee files , first remove them ... and i> > cant able to remove that , its hsow error...> > Hmmm, I hope you haven't trashed your install in some way, but we'll see> to that later.> > > and one more thing when eva i make any file > > How do you "make a file", exactly? I mean, what exactly did you do when> you get that error> > > .. its show , '' ur SHELL is not set to bash '' ...> > plz tell me how to set ur shell to bash ????> > Bash is set as the default shell in Ubuntu, currently I have no idea why> you would have that problem. What changes did you make to your system> after installing?> > P.S.: a descriptive subject, comprehensible writing, and some> information about your system (Ubuntu version, etc.) will increase your> chances to get answers to your posts> > > -- > ubuntu-users mailing list> ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com> Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users