wakeup problem from suspend bug report help request

Oguz Yarimtepe comp.ogz at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 06:49:04 UTC 2008

> What's "general" about it?  Most people don't have this problem (those who
> do seem mostly to have problems waking up at all)

I encountered with many entries at the ubuntu forums even blog entries
related with the suspend/wake up problem.

> Do this:
>
> 1) ctrl-alt-f1, and log in to console session.
> 2) "sudo anything" (it doesn't matter what command you use, we just want to
> make sudo remember your password for a few minutes).
> 3) Type: "sudo vbetool post" BUT DO NOT HIT ENTER
>
> Now, ctrl-alt-f7 to get back to your X session.  Suspend/resume.
> If your power light comes on, but your display doesn't, do ctrl-alt-f1 and
> hit enter (ie, you're executing that "sudo vbetool post" command.  Wait a
> couple of seconds, then try to go back to your X session.  If it works, the
> problem is _either_ acpi-support or pm-utils lacking the flag to POST video
> on resume.

I tried it. Didn't worked. The thing is. although the power seems to
be on, it seems it is not. So only the power led is lighting up but
there is no disk process.

I realised at the first normal return from suspend, it reades disk
while powering up. But at my second try just powering up and no disk
reading occurs. Here queno had the same problem with me. But he solved
his problem: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=770147

Mine is not sony Vaio and i dont know which modules should be in blacklist.

> --
> derek

Oğuz Yarımtepe