wakeup problem from suspend bug report help request

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Mon Jun 23 18:25:31 UTC 2008

Oguz Yarimtepe wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have entered a bug report related with the general wakeup problem.

What's "general" about it?  Most people don't have this problem (those who
do seem mostly to have problems waking up at all)

> couldn't find any solution though i checked many entries. If someone
> help me will be happy. Here is the launchpad entry:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/242344

Do this:

1) ctrl-alt-f1, and log in to console session.
2) "sudo anything" (it doesn't matter what command you use, we just want to
make sudo remember your password for a few minutes).
3) Type: "sudo vbetool post" BUT DO NOT HIT ENTER

Now, ctrl-alt-f7 to get back to your X session.  Suspend/resume.
If your power light comes on, but your display doesn't, do ctrl-alt-f1 and
hit enter (ie, you're executing that "sudo vbetool post" command.  Wait a
couple of seconds, then try to go back to your X session.  If it works, the
problem is _either_ acpi-support or pm-utils lacking the flag to POST video
on resume.

#  grep  POST /etc/default/acpi-support
POST_VIDEO=true
# grep  POST /usr/lib/pm-utils/defaults
HIBERNATE_RESUME_POST_VIDEO="yes"

I think you'll find the correct one is /usr/lib/pm-utils/defaults, now.
--
derek