Forget Hardy

Mario Vukelic mario.vukelic at dantian.org
Thu Jun 12 18:31:49 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-06-11 at 19:58 +1000, Res wrote:
> That is why people who only generate noise (those telling others to
> RTFM etc) should STF up and not comment if they dont wish to supply a
> newbie with an answer or assist them in a meaningful way.

First of all, I am sure I have NEVER seen a simple "RTFM" on this list.

If the answer is "http://www.googl.com/search?q=something , read the
first hit", then this might be perceived as rude, but

      * It is not noise. The question was.
      * It is the correct answer to the question. If the person who
        asked for advice follows the given advice, his problem will be
        solved.
      * It is very meaningful assistance, because it teaches the person
        who asked how to maybe solve the next problem quicker on his
        own.