No Task Bars?

Kapil Singh kapil.network at gmail.com
Mon Jul 28 17:32:39 UTC 2008

Hello,
Right click on desktop click on <create panel> and then after creating panel
right clk on panel > add to panel >   then  add main menu, and other panel
options from there.
if you are not getting create panel option then then create a new user from
terminal.
and then login with that i thik there is no need for that.

Thanks

Wally-9 wrote:

> HELP!
>
> My P4, 1 gig, 2.4 mhz machine runs Ubuntu 8.04, 24/7. Dual boot with  XP
> sp3, which I only  have because I have never been able to get my scanner
> to work with Linux.
>
> Last week I removed Evolution mail program since I use Thunderbird.
>
> Friday I needed to reboot the machine after an update. Now I don't have
> the tool bars that are at the top and bottom of the screen.
>
> Without them I have no way of running any programs!
>
> Right clicking on the screen lets me change the wallpaper.
>
> How can I get the toolbars back?
>
> Or make copies of my Mozilla Foxfire bookmarks, Thunderbird e-mails and
> address book, then I can just reformat and start over clean.
>
> Booting from the Ubuntu 7.10 disc, I was unable to find my Mozilla files
> to make copies.
>
> Thanks,
> WALLY

-----