No Task Bars?

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Mon Jul 28 17:41:28 UTC 2008

Wally wrote:
> HELP!
>
> My P4, 1 gig, 2.4 mhz machine runs Ubuntu 8.04, 24/7. Dual boot with  XP
> sp3, which I only  have because I have never been able to get my scanner
> to work with Linux.
>
> Last week I removed Evolution mail program since I use Thunderbird.

    Alas, the people at Ubuntu who design the software use the Evolution
mail software for many things including it seems the task bars.

    Suggest that you re-install Evolution and guess you need to do that
from a partial init stop place. I am not sure how this can be done and
someone else needs to help with this. Anyway install Evolution and then
your system will work.

Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI