Slightly OT - Leaving windows

Sean Carolan scarolan at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 16:12:22 UTC 2008

On Jan 15, 2008 4:59 AM, Richard <richrock at nerdshack.com> wrote:
> I am thinking of completely ditching windows.
>
> Has anyone done this?  Are there any guides to doing so?
>
> Currently I run Win XP Pro and Ubuntu 7.10 on my desktop.
>
> Rich

Keep an XP image around in VMWare just in case you need it.  I have
many times tried to swear off Windows completely but in my line of
work there's no way around it.  Depends on your personal situation of
course, but for many people there will always be that one program for
which there is no acceptable Linux equivalent.